The horse breeds found in Scotland, Clyde valley are usually referred to as the Clydesdale horse. The Clydesdale horse breed as you can notice belong to a certain region of Scotland. Their number would eventually fall as they were bring used in the World war. Many of the Scottish horse names were taken from the Lancashire origin. They were mostly used for drought purposes or agriculture.
Clydesdale horses are now in most of the regions worldwide. They generally have a bay color. Although at other times you can find the Clydesdale horses in various colors that include chestnut, black, and Ronny. Down below we are going to take you through some of the Clydesdale horse names, you can consider for your horse.
- Clydesdale names for your horse
- Abhain (River)
- Ailena (Green Medow)
- Ailbert (Noble)
- Airfic (Pleasant)
- Adaira (Oak ford)
- Aila (Oak tree)
- Aindrea (Manly)
- Alan (Rock)
- Aileen (Desired)
- Baird (John logie)
- Bairn (Scottish meaning for baby)
- Barabal (Foreign)
- Athol ( certain region in Scotland)
- Barclay (Berch wood)
- Bonnie (name of a top dog)
- Balfour (A king hero that was kidnapped)
- Bell (the father to telephone)
- Athdar (Food for the Oak tree)
- Clydesdale Names for Your Female Horse
- Clydesdale Names for Your Stallion
- Budweiser Clydesdale Names for Your Horse
- How Long Have the Clydesdale Horses Been Bred?
- Can Clydesdale Become Part of the Budweiser Clydesdale?
- The Official Homeland of the Famous Budweiser Clydesdales
- Does The Clydesdales Possess Special Harness?
- Finding Inspiration for Your Horse’s Name
Clydesdale Names for Your Female Horse
Down below, we have provided you with a list of the Scottish horse names that you can consider for your female horse. These horse names have originated from the Clydesdale horse breed. The horse names are as follows:
- Dafty (A foolish and silly person)
- Bairn (Scottish name for baby)
- Scotch (Some Malt Whiskey)
- Arran (It is the largest in the Clyde filth)
- Sherlock ( Cute Scottish horse name)
- Conery (A legendary Scottish film actor)
- Embra (it is the slang for the word Edinburgh)
- Chip ( It is the British Word meaning fry)
- Islay ( it is a Scottish Island)
- Lassie (A young girl)
- Toaty ( Meaning small or tiny)
- Sterling ( It is the currency of Britain)
- Loch (It is the Scottish word for Lake)
Clydesdale Names for Your Stallion
Down below, we have provided you with a list of some of the Clydesdale names that you could consider naming your male horse or rather stallion. These horse names have originated from the Clydesdale breed. The horse names include:
- Arran (Arran Isle)
- Glasgow (It is the largest city in Scotland)
- Broon (It is a comic strip type of family)
- Plaid (a form of plaid pattern)
- Lomond ( the Lomond lake)
- Tartan (The tartan army)
- Highlander ( a certain movie)
- Chip ( it is a family word in British)
- Kilt ( At knee length)
- Quid (Sterling Pound)
- Brodie (Character name)
- Scotch ( Scotch or Malt whisky)
- Crofter (A home crofter)
- Robert (Surname)
- Craig (Crag)
- Calum (Dove)
- Edna (Kernel)
Budweiser Clydesdale Names for Your Horse
The world-famous makers of the Budweiser beer, Anheuser Busch own the Budweiser Clydesdale horses and tend to use the horses for promotion. The horses are usually kept at the Warm Springs ranch farm next to St Louis of which is located in the State of Missouri.
Down below, we have provided you with a list of some of the Budweiser Clydesdale names that you could consider naming some of your horses. You should note that the horse names have originated from the Budweiser farm. The Scottish horse names include:
How Long Have the Clydesdale Horses Been Bred?
The farmers that used to live along the River Clyde banks in Scotland, Lanark shire early in the nineteenth century imported some of the few powerful Flemish horses, mating them with the local mares. This is where the Clydesdale breed of horses originated and some of them are used as Scottish horse names.
Can Clydesdale Become Part of the Budweiser Clydesdale?
The Clydesdale cannot be part of the Budweiser Clydesdale unless it has some of the required attributes for it to be part of the famous Budweiser Clydesdale hitch. These attributes include:
- The horse should be at least four years and should be a gelding
- The horse should be at least six feet tall or rather at least stand eighteen hands high.
- The horse should weigh around one thousand eight hundred pounds to two thousand three hundred pounds
- The horse should have a coat that is bay in color, the horse mane and tail should be black in color, the horse should have a white blaze on its face and the horse should have four stockings for each leg, white in color.
The Official Homeland of the Famous Budweiser Clydesdales
The official homeland of the famous Budweiser Clydesdale horses is a stained-glass and ornate brick stable that was built in the year 1885, on the Anheuser-Busch complex Brewery in St. Louis. Although you can easily find the Budweiser Clydesdale traveling hitches based in New Hampshire, Merrimack, Colorado, Fort Collins, St. Louis, and Missouri.
Does The Clydesdales Possess Special Harness?
Yes. Each harness for the Clydesdale horse is handcrafted by use of patent leather, solid brass, and then stitched by use of linen thread. The harness is usually manufactured to fit all the Clydesdale horses, however, the collars usually come in many different sizes hence each must be fitted individually to each horse.
Each collar and harness for your horse can approximately weigh around one hundred and thirty pounds.
Finding Inspiration for Your Horse’s Name
Some of the factors that you should not forget before you start naming the horse are the horse’s physical features and its personality. For instance, Torgeir can be used as a good name for your Clydesdale horse, which gives it a genuine Scottish fee.
As of now, you are able to apply some of the various Scottish horse names for your horseback at home. The horse name you decide on depends on your preferences and taste. So you should be in a good position to be imaginative and creative in naming your horses and the horse name must be one that can be easily pronounced by your family members.