Every animal requires a name for identity. It may not mean much to the animals. However, it means a lot to humans and allows us to estimate how we establish connections with them.
That includes the bay horses. Notable for its red and dark color, the bay horse is one of the most popular horses in history. Aside from its color, it is known for its agility, strength, and speed. Naming this species allows you to create a lasting relationship that allows you to bond with them properly.
However, if you have ever considered naming your horse but are stuck with coming up with a suitable name, then you are not alone. In this article, you will learn about the bay horse and suggestive names you can use for your horse.
What Are Bay Horses?
Bay horses are prominent for their unique colors. They have very dark skin consisting of a reddish-brown or dark coat and black points. The black points appear on a few body parts such as the mane, ear tips, lower legs, and tail. Thanks to the Agouti gene, many bay horses have black points. In fact, speculations are made that a horse is not a baby without a black tail. Irrespective of their nature, most bay horses are usually brown due to their genes.
Tips for Choosing Bay Horse Names
Different tips enable you to select a name for your bay horse. These tips give you clues on the type of names that can fit your horse. Some of them include:
- Color – The color of a horse can influence the name you give to it. By giving the horse a name that relates to a particular color, you give it an identity that people can use in identifying the horse.
- Mood – The mood of a horse can also determine its name. All you have to do is to study the horse for a few days or weeks before naming it. Study the way it interacts with people and other animals surrounding it. A horse with a warm temperament can be a fierce name to illustrate its nature. Meanwhile, a horse with a cold temperament can be given a cool or cute name.
- Language – You can also name a horse based on a given language. To do this, select a word in your native language and then translate it to any language of your choice. Then, your horse goes by that word in another language. For instance, the English word “speed” is known as “vitesse” in French, “celerità” in Italian, and “velocidad” in Spanish. So, you can probably select the Italian version to name your horse.
- History – A horse can be named after a unique character in the past. If the character is found to be a person of great quality, then you can name your horse after the character. To do this, you can select a character randomly from a famous myth, legend, movie, book, or real figure. It all depends on your preferences.
Top 10 Bay Horse Names
Bay horses are unique animals that require a name to give them an identity. Here are fifteen examples you can consider for your bay horse.
- Meatball – The color of a meatball is red. Hence, this seems appropriate for a horse of such color.
- Niran – Niran is an Arabic word for fire. You can select this name based on the trait of your horse or just to make the name sound cool.
- Apple – As its name implies, Apple is red and sweet to consume. Hence. you can consider selecting this name for your horse to depict its personality.
- Latte – Latte has a brownish color. Just like water, it looks calm and still to the eyes. You can select this name based on the color or the trait of the horse.
- Pepper – As its name implies, pepper is red in color and fierce in nature. Hence, it is a suitable option for a horse of this color and this behavioral nature.
- Chocolate – If your horse is dark brown, you can consider using this name for it. It sounds nice and fits your horse.
- Black Widow – You can select this name based on the movie character, Black Widow. If you do not want that, you can select the name of your horse’s black points that are prominent
- Sandy – This name relates to the color of sand. Hence, you can select for your horse or consider if your horse is jovial or playful.
- Scarlet – A brilliant red color with an orange tint. This color suits any bay horse with a reddish-brown or chestnut coat.
- Mars – You can select this name based on the Roman god of war or the color of the planet, Mars. Both go for a horse of such color or trait.
Selecting a name for a horse can be a difficult task. However, you can find the process easy by considering the aforementioned helpful tips. Take a look at your horse and select a name that fits its personality.